Today I cooked one of my favorite vegetable – Drum Sticks. Saragavo is a Gujarati name. It was my second trial where I failed to make first time. I would not recall that horrible moment now, some other day. Here is the outcome and recipe.
- 500 gram Drum Sticks (for five people)
- 1 Bowl of chik pea flour (besan ata)
- 1 Bowl of Yogurt (Dahi)
- Boil cut Drum Sticks in hot water approximately for 20-25 minutes till sticks are getting light yellow. When they get buffed, put them aside.
- In another vessel, pour three glass of water with bowl of yogurt and make Butter milk.
- Mix Besan four with Butter milk and mixed them well. Put vessel on Gas stove for 5-10 minutes.
- Fry Cumin Seeds (Jeera) and Mustard Seed (rai) in hot Oil for five minutes. Pour mixed liquid in oil and add Chili, Turmeric and caraway powder.
- When it gets thicker add buffed Drum sticks and mix them well.
I will try another recipe using Peanut-Onion-Garlic gravy next time.
P.s – Today my sister was online, I got this recipe from mom.
P.s – My sister was online and supported when I was cooking. Thanks to my sister and mother. It really cooked very delicious.
Technorati: Indian, Gujarati, Food, Cooking, Drum Sticks, Saragavo